New York Department of Education has announced the schedule for June 2024 Regents exams. New York’s State exams 2024 shall start on June 04 and conclude on June 26. Exams shall be conducted in two shifts, morning exams for regents shall start at 9:15 AM and second test shall start at 1:15 PM. Students are required to check the reporting time with their schools for state examinations.
The June examination period is nine days, including two rating days. It is scheduled close to the end of the month but allowing at least two weekdays in June after the examination period ends. The August examination period is two days and is scheduled to allow
adequate time for a summer school session.
Final dates for the June 2024 Regents Examination period
- Tuesday, June 4* (the first administration of the new Regents Examination in Algebra I)
- Friday, June 14 through Wednesday, June 26.
- No State examinations will be administered on June 17 for schools that may be closed for the observance of Eid al-Adha; it will be designated as a Rating Day for schools that are not closed.
- No State examinations will be administered on Wednesday, June 19 in observance of the Juneteenth holiday.
- Wednesday, June 26 will be a second Rating Day; no State examinations will be administered on this date.
Final dates for the August 2024 Regents Examination period
- Monday, August 19 and Tuesday, August 20
New York Regents Exams June 2024 Schedule
|1:15 PM Paper
|Tuesday, June 4
|Friday, June 14
|English Language Arts
|Tuesday, June 18
|U.S. History & Government
|Global History & Geography II
|Thursday, June 20
|Physical Setting/ Earth Science
|Physical Setting/ Chemistry
|Friday, June 21
|Monday, June 24
|*World Language Assessment suggested date/time: Locally developed Checkpoint Exams
|Tuesday, June 25
|Physical Setting/ Physics
|Wednesday, June 26
The conversion chart for the Algebra I regents examinations will be available by June 26, 2024. Scoring keys will be available online and will be updated after the exam timings on the same date. Scoring keys for regents exams will be password protected and schools principals will be required to login to the system to check the scoring keys for their students.
This is the suggested date/time for administering locally developed assessments aligned to the Checkpoint A and Checkpoint B Learning Standards for World Languages. Checkpoint A and Checkpoint B assessments may be administered separately on different dates or at different times. When scheduling the Checkpoint A or Checkpoint B assessments be mindful of conflicts your students may have with other scheduled assessments, including both local assessments and the Regents examinations.